Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Passionate about Yoga
Yoga and Ayurveda form a comprehensive and integrated working model to address all aspects of our health and well-being. They both are concerned with maintaining our health and for resolving conditions of ill health. Diet, environment, lifestyle, exercise, breathing techniques, and mental stress reducing meditation can be used to restore balance to both body and mind. Taken from Yoga Therapy by Mohan and Mohan
Since I have been able to lose weight and keep it off essentially for many years, I am very passionate and empathetic with people who struggle in weight loss issues. Due to this passion, I am starting my first weight loss clinic on Sunday afternoons at 2:30 for the first 15 people who sign up to attend. We will learn how to lose weight, eat mindfully, and consider what Ayurveda says about body types and eating correctly. As a personal trainer I will be adamant about changing your movement patterns and honoring your body with exercise and yoga. With meditation and journaling, I believe that life can be less stressful and more enjoyable with our yoga practice. Breathing techniques slow down the sympathetic nervous system response and give us an opportunity to change the way we deal with time pressure and emotional roller coaster type living. The cost is $42.00 for our 6 week session. Your payment and paperwork must be turned in by January 1, 2013. E-mail (email@example.com) for more information or check out our website at www.tranquilityyogastudio.com
Weight Loss Clinic Application
_______________________________________ (your name) is applying to be in the Weight Loss Clinic for six weeks beginning on Sunday, January 6, 2013, and continuing through Sunday, February 10, 2013, at 2:30 - 3:45 p.m. Please answer the following questions and return to desk at studio with your application fee to be accepted by January 1, 2013. Fee for six week clinic is $42.00 and must be paid up-front.
1. Are there any physical reasons why weight loss might be a contraindication for you? Do you need a doctor's permission slip in order to attend?
2. How much weight or toning do you wish to achieve through this clinic? Do you want to weigh or measure here or at home?
3. Are you willing to journal daily your food intake, practice yoga or some form of exercise at least 5 days per week, and eat mindfully three to five times a day?
4. Will you add five minutes of meditation or silence cultivation each day for the six week period?
5. Please write a brief explanation of your history of weight loss/gain and goals for becoming healthier with the clinic experience.
Dear Friends, Good Friday Morning! Are you able to tell a difference yet? I am finding that my clothes fit better, my energy level i...
Some days, I feel confident that I was successful. Some days, I feel questionable about whether my theme or my cues or my assists or my med...
If you had all that you needed, money was no object, and time was abundant, what would you do in 2018? There is something about writing i...
Many people struggle with pain in their lumbar spine. I gave classes back in December for arthritic pain. Here is an excerpt from a privat...