- Above all else, as I practice yoga, I know God loves me and created me just the way I am. He knew me before any one else.
- Realistically, my faults and weaknesses can get the best of me on hard days, but I desire to change and transform. Therefore, I believe that God is working in my life. He is changing me bit by bit. I think this is like "yoga," because as I practice the postures I find myself getting stronger, more flexible, and more balanced even when I know that they are still not the way I want them to be.
- Since God loves me and accepts me, I can in turn love and accept myself and others right in the present moment. I do not have to wait to see change in order to believe it is happening.
- I choose to work with God to overcome my weaknesses. Just like showing up again and again on my mat says to me, "Don't give up....don't give up...don't give up." I am not alone. God is right there with me. Sometimes I feel closer to Him there than anywhere else because I am most vulnerable and He is the most STRONG.
- Everyone has faults, good days, and bad days. I frequently say, "Sometimes we fly like a ROCK Star and sometimes we fall like a ROCK." I am not a failure just because I am imperfect. I am a work in progress.
- You must show up to go up or grow up as you see it. No matter how many times I stumble, the goal is not to GIVE UP because God is with me to strengthen and sustain me.
- I like myself. No, I don't like everything about me, and my "to-do" list on fixing my imperfections could go on forever. I choose each day to like myself right where I am. I want to change, but if I reject myself--the change will cease, and I will get stuck.
- God has a GOOD plan for my life, my family, my yoga practice, and my spiritual walk. I will be all I can be for His Glory. He has gifted me with talents and abilities, and I pledge to see those gifts used to help others.
- I am nothing. Yet, I am everything! In my own strength, I falter and fail, but in God's Strength and Ability, I have staying power.
- He sustains me just like in a yoga pose that I don't like or want to do, I think to myself, "One more breath....just one more breath." In life, when I want to throw up my hands and quit, i remember that I am not alone. He is my sustainer.
- No competition. No comparison! It steals my joy, my contentment, and my feelings of happiness or peace. I refuse this moment to be controlled by what I think other people think of me. Even if they totally reject me or as Brian would say, "Throw me under the bus," I am going to be okay. This is my path.
- As long as I keep believing, God has promised never to let me go. He affirms my value even if I forget to set my intention to be positive. "I can do, I can do, I can do!" Philippians 4:13
ERYT 200/Yoga Alliance; Certified Personal Trainer/Cooper Institute; Pilates and Aerobics certifications; Zumba training Level 1 and Gold; YogaFit 1 and 2; Yoga Therapy Certification Level 1
(The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali)
With over 30 class offerings a week, we have a practice designed just for you at Tranquility Yoga in Owasso. Check Facebook page daily for class themes.