Wednesday, September 28, 2011
1. Ask yourself...what is my vision? Think 5 years.
2. Ask yourself...what is my goal? Think 1 year.
3. Ask yourself...what are the steps I need to take to achieve both my goal and vision? Think this month.
4. Ask yourself...how can I move one step closer today? Think this week.
5. Ask yourself...if my goal, vision is so important, how can I improve my day by setting an intention? Think 24 hours.
6. Ask yourself...if my intention is set, who am I going to allow or what types of situations will I allow to veer me off course? Think the next hour.
7. Ask yourself...what is the next right thing to do to achieve where I envision myself to be in 5 years? Think the next action in one minute.
I recently sent a newsletter with setting these visions, making goals, taking steps, declaring a daily intention, and doing the next right thing. Today is my birthday and during my devotion/Bible time, I formed my own.
Here is my 5 year vision:
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness. For they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy."
Here is my one year goal:
"But I discipline my body, and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have spoken to others, I myself should become disqualified."
Here is my one month step towards my goal:
"...let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith."
Here is my daily intention:
"Abide in Me, and I,in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine."
Here is my next right thing to do:
1. Live my beliefs. Smile. Be kind and compassionate. Treat other people the way I want to be treated.
2. Be honest and let my light shine from within. That is what "Namaste" means to me.
3. Love without expecting a return. Never worrying about the rejection. Just love.
4. Teach from my heart. The people who pick apart teachers are filled with competitiveness and jealousy. Let the unkind remarks go!
5. Practice yoga every day. Jesus is my Mantra. Our Father is my inhale and exhale. I pray that my classes are led by the Holy Spirit so that people are benefitted from what I teach as a lesson.
6. Keep faithful in my walking and running. It makes me feel good about myself.
7. Eat lean and green. I look so much better when I do!
8. Be silent. A day without meditation, prayer, and study cause me to stray off course.
9. Laugh more. Cry less. I cannot control what other people do or say; I can only control how I react to it.
10. Age gracefully. One time I was told by one of my yoga students that my life was a map of where I had been, and now I am the person I am due to what I have endured. It is okay to have a few grooves in my pavement.
Happy birthday to me! May this day be a blessing to myself and others as I pursue my vision, my goal, my steps, my intention, and my next right thing. Namaste'
Dear Friends, Good Friday Morning! Are you able to tell a difference yet? I am finding that my clothes fit better, my energy level i...
Some days, I feel confident that I was successful. Some days, I feel questionable about whether my theme or my cues or my assists or my med...
Many people struggle with pain in their lumbar spine. I gave classes back in December for arthritic pain. Here is an excerpt from a privat...
If you had all that you needed, money was no object, and time was abundant, what would you do in 2018? There is something about writing i...