Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Positive Mental Attitude for Today!

"May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing through the experience of your faith that by the power of the Spirit within you, you may abound and be overflowing, bubbling over with hope."  Romans 15:13

Joy, peace,  believing, and the end result is bubbling over with hope.  That sounds like a great equation, but each of those is actually a choice that we make.  I choose to be joyful and not allow the negativity of others to rob me of it.  I choose to be peaceful despite the chaos or turmoil of my family, my friends, my coworkers, etc.  I choose to believe even when all seems dim or dismal.  I choose to allow hope to bubble up within me even to the point of spilling over.  I can either choose to be part of the problem or the solution. 

I always say that 80% of being successful in yoga is showing up on our mats.  We can make a hundred excuses and always find too many things to do, or too hectic a schedule to keep.  Pattabhi Jois, great teacher of yoga who passed away several years ago, always said, "Yoga is 99% practice and 1% talent or theory."  My point is that without practicing joy, practicing believing, practicing peace; we will never experience hope.  Just as I choose to get in my car to drive to the studio to join in yoga practice, I must also choose to grab my mat, put on my clothes, and walk inside.  Choosing, it is all about choosing.  Then, once we choose, we follow our choice one step at a time.

Many, many years ago I struggled with panic attacks.  These are definitely robbers of joy, peace, believing, and hope.  They also keep you imprisoned in your mind with fear.  How did I release from that overwhelming sense of failure thinking?  One choice at a time.

So, walk towards the fountain of hope, my friend.  Imagine it to be a lighted spray of continual water in a peaceful wooded setting.  Choose to focus your eyes on this fountain and begin your journey today....one choice at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Riding the Wave with Breathe, Release, Feel, Witness, Allow

My son, Jeff, surfing the waves in California "Riding the Wave requires a lot of energy and can make us fill depleted.  Refill y...