Let Go of Negativity - Five Helpful Ways to Dismiss That Negative Energy Someone Just Dumped on You!
- Take your hand and with your imagination, brush imaginary cobwebs away from your shoulders, arms, and head. In your mind's eye, pretend that you are letting go of the words and attitude of the person who just unloaded their negativity on you.
- Take a shower or bath and wash all that stress away. You can even mix up sea salt and water to pour over your body as a cleansing agent according to Chinese medicine for the gall bladder meridian.
- Take charge of your thoughts - one at a time. Keep a swinging door over your mind - bad thoughts are not entertained and go right back out the door. Good thoughts are allowed to ruminate in your thought process. (Yes, like a cow chews its cud.)
- Take a break from too much talk or TV or Facebook or whatever is stressing you out. I call it a mental wellness vacation...MWV outside in nature, in a separate room, or even in a closet or restroom. Even 5 minutes will make a big difference.
- Take a stance with the negative party and say in a gentle way, "I am on a mind cleanse. Please keep your critical comments in your mind without sharing them with me." It may sound a little harsh, so be as gentle as you can. Perhaps your stance will help the other party realize how he or she sounds.
- Is it kind?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it necessary?