Like Yourself Today! Give Yourself the Gift that You Have Always Needed.
- Like yourself in the morning. Like yourself in the evening.
- Like yourself on the mat. Like yourself off the mat.
- Like yourself even when you don’t feel like it.
- Like yourself a little bit more every day.
- And be with people who like you. A lot. Curvy Girl Yoga
1. Treat yourself to a day of yoga and massage. One of our wonderful yoga teachers is a massage therapist. Sheri Dossett is both! Ask me for her number or e-mail to schedule yours today.
2. Treat yourself to a day of no condemning thoughts. Try one hour and then two...of letting peace be the umpire of your thinking. No negative Friday! If you are going to eat a piece of chocolate, savor it, smell it, and make it last a long time. Then, let it go.
3. Treat yourself to a day of a movie that you really want to see, a walk in nature with no time limit or speed requirement, a long talk with a friend, whatever makes you smile.
4. Treat yourself to a day of not worrying about what you eat. Eat only until you are 80% full and let go of the guilt. Just for one day, no bad thoughts about your size, your face, your hair, etc.P.S. There are no starving children in China that will eat your leftovers on your plate. (:I use a smaller plate to ensure my portions are less. My mother's voice is still in my head about leaving food on my plate, but I am getting better at ignoring it.
5. Treat yourself to moments of quiet. No TV. No internet. No phone. Just sit quietly with a cup of coffee or a glass of tea. Breathe.
6. Purchase a shirt you have always wanted..."Strong is the New Skinny!" is my gift to myself today. It doesn't have to be something big, just something small you thought was self-centered. Then, let go of any condemnation.
7. Do some art doodling. My friends, Carol and Kim, love to draw and see what happens with Zentangles and meditation. Their creations look like miracles to me, the "unartist," but they both assure me that anyone can do it.
8. Take a Savasana. In our world, we value stress over rest. We have been scolded for laziness and only believe that workaholics or perfectionists are to be praised. Once upon a very long time when I overworked and bragged about my work load, I never felt any better at the end of the day because tomorrow I began again. I actually tried to beat the clock every single day accomplishing more and more. The problem was that rest was out of the question, and sleep became a bigger issue with every passing day.
9. Talk to God like a best friend. No "Thees" or "Thous" are necessary. Just a friendly chat without guilt or condemnation. Better yet, write out your prayers on paper. Journaling can be a wonderful chat!
10. Put on some beautiful music and sing! Your throat chakra needs this ability to let it all go! Who cares if you can carry a tune? Find your favorite song and belt it out! Roll down the windows in the car and make music in your heart.
- 5:30 a.m. Early Morning Yoga with a Spiritual Emphasis
- 12:00 p.m. Back Healthy Yoga with a Core Emphasis
- 4:00 p.m. Beginner's Yoga with a Learning Emphasis
- 5:30 p.m. Power Yoga with a Sweaty Emphasis
- 6:45 p.m. Restorative/Flexibility Yoga with a Rest Emphasis
- 7:30 a.m. Iron Yoga with a Weights or Weighted Body Emphasis
- 9:00 a.m. Core/Vinyasa Flow Yoga with a Bandha Emphasis
- 10:30 a.m. Last Workshop with a Closing Sequence Emphasis
- 12:00 p.m. Happy Hips and Hamstrings with a Flexibility Comes from Strength Emphasis
- 1:30 p.m. Power Yoga Workshop with a Foundation Building Emphasis
- 1:00 p.m. Military/Veteran Warrior Yoga with a Wounded Warrior Project Emphasis - FREE
- 2:30 p.m. Sun Salute Yoga with a Spicy, Fun Emphasis
- 4:00 p.m. Beginner's Yoga with an Open Mind Emphasis