1) Yoga has helped all my aches and pains when I run. (especially my knees)Five things yoga has taught me:
2) I have better posture.
3) Breathe!! I feel more confident that I can at least try the poses when I relax, concentrate and breathe!
4) I love the soreness! Especially when I hold long stretches. I feel taller and more limber.
5) Honor your body- it's ok to modify. No pain, no pain.
6) It's just as good of a workout as my other things I do!
1. To be kind to my body, no matter what my shape, size or weight.2. I can extend grace to myself, just as God extends grace to me.3. Insights into problems often come during final relaxation.4. No pain, no pain! There is no prompting to try and " gut it out" like there is in a lot of gyms.5. Yoga is not only about movement, its about focus, being in the moment, and tuning in to what my body is telling me.As a side note: the message I come away with is that I'm okay, just as I am, and that has been one of the biggest gifts I've received from my yoga practice.
1. Comparison is the thief of joy.
2. Peace is my identity.
3. I breathe in love, peace and gratefulness and I breathe out the inability to let go of what harms my person.
4. I am worth more than what I think I look like.
5. I am stronger than I think I am.
- Learning to accept that it's okay to have "me time". It's not being selfish.
- Learning how to feel the peace and tranquility when you open your heart and mind to it.
- Yoga is a healing of the mind, soul, and body.
- It's always okay with everyone if you mess up--there are no real mistakes.
- I thought yoga was just about stretching--it's so much more (certainly not as easy as Jeanne makes it look! :)
2) I am stronger than I know
3) Jesus is closer than I thought
4) I CAN do yoga!
5) That coming to practice is vital for my emotional health.
- When working outdoors--squat instead of bending over. This has eliminated many of the back problems that I had by(before yoga)
- Count your blessings each day. Every night before I go to sleep, I think over all the things I have done that day - good and not so good. The positive stories that we receive at yoga help me to realize that small things make a big difference
- Balance and flexibility are so important especially the older I get. I know that yoga has improved this area of my life.
- Standing up straight with your core working and shoulders back. I use to have neck problems but now that I try to remember the correct way to sit and walk, most of that has gone away.
- Classes are never the same and I always learn something new even after 3 years. When I let Jeanne know that I have a sore or strained part of my body, she always works in a pose that will help me. Classes are always different and the teacher really helps you to get the pose correctly without hurting you.
1. Breathe! -:))
2. Accept and believe in yourself
3. Have faith
4. Try your best
5. Have fun, don't take it too seriously, let it happen!
- Yoga increases my concentration level
- Yoga has taught me to relax (still working on it)
- Yoga has taught me it’s okay to be me (I don’t have to be perfect, just “doing” is good enough)
- Yoga/you remind me of all the wonderful things I have to be thankful for.
- Yoga has taught me that I’m stronger than I think I am.
- And last but not least Yoga has taught me to breathe.
Come and see how yoga can make these beautiful changes in your life as well.