Monday, November 27, 2017

Lokah Samastah Sukino Bhavantu



Lokah - universe or realm
Sama - same
stah - all beings
Sukha - joy, ease, or happiness that leads to freedom; sukhino derived from sukha
Bhav - union with God
antu - may it be so

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu means to me...

May my words, my thoughts, and my actions bring freedom, joy, ease, and happiness to others.  May I help people to have union with God as they know God to be.  May I be generous with my actions and kindness to share with others.  May I know true forgiveness for my mistakes, and may I always be forgiving.  

It is a Sanskrit prayer.  We breathe in to calm, and we breathe out to find peace.

For you see, we all make mistakes.  We all fail.  We all say the wrong thing, do the wrong thing, and fail ourselves or others in some way.  We cannot know true forgiveness until we are ready to share peace with others.  Our goal is and must always be to help others find true happiness, freedom, and ease.  That's how love loves.

The last four months have been a true struggle.  Perhaps today was the day we turn it all around.

May it be so...may it be so.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Riding the Wave with Breathe, Release, Feel, Witness, Allow

My son, Jeff, surfing the waves in California "Riding the Wave requires a lot of energy and can make us fill depleted.  Refill y...