Thursday, October 11, 2018

Dear Fat Burning (instead of Carb Loading) Daily Food Intake,
I realized today that I have not had stomach bloating and issues for over one week.
I have not had to take any of the over the counter tummy medication.
I still miss my crackers, but not as much.
Thank you for helping me see that there is another way to look at food instead of "calories in; calories out."
Signed,
Jeanne, The Happy Yogini
-P.S. For years I was a proud vegetarian, but I often felt like I was outrunning, out-cycling, out-exercising, out yoga-ing the fork.  
I convinced myself that meat was the problem.  
So, I slowly but surely eliminated it from my diet.  Occasionally, I might eat some, but never missed it.  
Bottom line, there just might be something to this way of eating that works.  Now, I get my protein from:
  • Nuts and Seeds
  • Eggs
  • Chicken and Seafood
  • and my fats from Avocado, butter (the real stuff -- not the plastic margarine), and coconut oil
And no tummy troubles.
This might just work. 
*****
  • Phase One:  Panic about eating fat and research resources to make sure it is okay
  • Phase Two:  Play around with carbohydrate intake:  How little can I eat?  How many vegetables can I get away with?  Who knew there were so many carbs?
  • Phase Three:  Start consuming Keto Lemonade (recipe below) to help with the "Keto Flu" like symptoms
  • Phase Four:  Bliss as intense hunger is gone, more energy, weight is beginning to drop, more of a balanced mood
  • Phase Five:  Naturally fall into intermittent fasting, perhaps switch meal times to find optimal energy
Author of the book, 
LeAnne Vogel, The Keto Diet says:  "When I started out on a higher protein, fat loading diet, I found that I went through five phases of adjusting to the new eating style.  These phases seem to be pretty common for people making the switch from a 'high carb, low fat diet' to a 'high fat, low carb diet.'  
Of course if you are concerned about anything, definitely chat with your health-care provider."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Riding the Wave with Breathe, Release, Feel, Witness, Allow

My son, Jeff, surfing the waves in California "Riding the Wave requires a lot of energy and can make us fill depleted.  Refill y...