Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Failed...but Not a FAILure

I have failed tests.  In fact, my first Cooper Institute exam, the words came up on the computer screen at the testing center, 
"You failed."
I have failed my children as a mom.
I have failed at a job and have been let go.
I have failed at keeping promises.
I have failed at my business.
I have failed at times as a teacher.
I have failed a friendship or two.
I have failed myself.
I have failed to live up to my Christian ideals.
I have failed at yoga poses.
I have failed at losing weight and keeping it off.
But, here is the BEST NEWS...
I am not a "FAILure."
Neither are you.
Don't stop now.
What is the difference between a failed attempt and a failure?  The ability to keep on trying.  Failing can create bitterness or humility.  I am choosing the second one, and also I am choosing to never give up.  My tattoo reminds me, "nevertheless, she persisted."
God's mercies are new every morning.
Old things have passed away and behold all things are made new.
I retook that Cooper Institute exam in December of 2009, and I passed.  Now I just recertified again for three more years.  It was the hardest and most difficult test I ever took on a computer, but the life lessons have been so much harder to let go off personally.  I had to forgive myself and others.  Choose to be better and move forward.
Never give up.
Namaste'
Jeanne K
P.S.  No, I was spot on with my carb count yesterday.  But, I felt this message bubbling up within me.  So, whoever this is for:  You are not a failure if you keep on trying.
Have you ever felt like throwing in the towel, quitting, or just resigning?  Tell me your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Riding the Wave with Breathe, Release, Feel, Witness, Allow

My son, Jeff, surfing the waves in California "Riding the Wave requires a lot of energy and can make us fill depleted.  Refill y...