Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Dear 2019,
1.  I will bring the most courageous, compassionate, and kind version of "me" to the yoga mat.
2. I will seek out stillness and embrace the present moment.
3. I will walk in wisdom.
4. I will practice more love and less judgment of myself and others.
5. I will encourage myself through the discipline of "tapas," or the fire of self-discipline.
6. I will work at controlling my breath instead of holding it.
7. I will eat wisely and slowly. (not in a car or distracted in any way)
8. I will smile more, compliment more, and hug more.
9. I will sit quietly in silence often.
10. I will embrace my faults and know that the journey ahead this year will contain mistakes.
11. I will sleep better, more soundly, and with less wake-ups as I strive to find the balance for myself.
12. I will journal more frequently.
13. I will pray little snippets all day long, "help," "wow," "thanks!"
14. I will freak out less about my lack of perfect and instead laugh about my imperfections.
15. I will not over-think every little thing.
16. I will learn and then learn some more because knowledge is vast, and I hunger for it; Yoga for Autism and Differently Abled People is coming next month!
17. I will welcome all people, even those who frown or critique without a question.
18. I will accept other people's mistakes just like I see my own from the perspective of my intentions.
19. Now, I will worry less, this is my biggest challenge for 2019, because it steals my joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Riding the Wave with Breathe, Release, Feel, Witness, Allow

My son, Jeff, surfing the waves in California "Riding the Wave requires a lot of energy and can make us fill depleted.  Refill y...