Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I Wished for You Today

Early this morning in our hot tub/coffee time, I made a wish upon a star.  When I was a little girl, I remember looking up at the night star and wishing.  I did it often.
Here is what I wished...
  1. I wished for you to be healthy.
  2. I wished for you to be compassionate towards yourself and others.
  3. I wished for you to be safe from harm.
  4. I wished for you to be kind and brave.
  5. I wished for you to be thankful.
  6. I wished for you to be content.
  7. I wished for you to be patient.
  8. I wished for you to be generous in mind and spirit.
  9. I wished for you to be able to move without pain.
  10. I wished for you to be happy.

I wished a lot of things for you, and most of all, I wished for you to come to yoga.  I wish I would have started yoga earlier in my life, but I am thankful that I practice now.  It benefits my body, mind, and spirit.  I breathe better and feel more calm, at ease, at peace when I do.  I wish that I could be more knowledgeable, more competent, more instinctive, and more of all that is good; but, I know the true gift of life is being kind and brave and generous.  Thanks for practicing kindness.  You are enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Riding the Wave with Breathe, Release, Feel, Witness, Allow

My son, Jeff, surfing the waves in California "Riding the Wave requires a lot of energy and can make us fill depleted.  Refill y...